|Image by Paul Brennan courtesy of publicdomainpictures.net|
What I've achieved since last blogging
- Wrote and sold an article on Fast Drafting which is due to appear in the October edition of Vision for Writers, just in time for NaNo 2014;
- Created my story's Magic System - the purpose of a Magic System is to serve the story, so creating it once the first draft is written is probably not such a bad idea. Having created the system, I now have some further ideas for scenes and ways to avoid Talking Heads;
- Mindmapped the Theme of my story and uncovered several more elements to include in the novel, including a secondary character, and also deeper layers to lay down.
Goals for Round 3
- Finalise all the scene index cards my story is going to need for the second draft;
- Finish the four flash fiction that I started in Round 2;
- Set a date in Round 3 to undertake the short story writing challenge in Jim Denney's "Writing in Overdrive";
- Write and finish 6 more flash fiction;
- Create an anthology with the 10 flash fiction, ready to indie-publish;
- Support my team of ROW80 bloggers once a week, most likely every Sunday.
And please support the other blogs in the ROW80 challenge. :)