|Image courtesy of wpclipart.com|
Goals for last week
- Comment on 3 ROW80 blogs at least; commented on five or six if I remember correctly
- Finish at least 2 of the flash fics; Er, no. Nada.
- Get started on phase 3 of the revision a la Susan Dennard's Revision Guide. No. <sigh>
- I read several writing craft books, and bought two. Writing in Overdrive: Write Faster, Write Freely, Write Brilliantly by Jim Denney and 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love by Rachel Aaron; I already own Write Your Novel From The Middle: A New Approach for Plotters, Pantsers and Everyone in Between by James Scott Bell;
- I monitored my writing habits and discovered, to my surprise, that I actually DO write every day. Even when I'm sick. However, I do not work on the same project every day. Some days, journalling is all I'm good for. Other days, my mind is teeming over with ideas for one or other of the current WsIP and I write them down. Some days, I'll prepare a blog post. Or leave comments on other blogs. Some days I want to actually WRITE write - you know, work on a piece of fiction (which up until now is the only thing I've considered proper writing);
- I've worked on a writing project which is still in the conceptual stages so I won't say much about it for now. It was inspired by my blog post last week (on writing advice) and the comments I received - thank you all once again! - and it just caught fire in my imagination. Of all the writing-related activities, I worked on this the most.
Goals for next week
- Comment on three other ROW80 blogs;
- Write the Mirror Moment for my revision-in-progress (RIP? Eeek);
- Create a badge for the writing project;
- Finish one of the flash fictions (I know Holly's course specifies working on 5 flash fics at once, but I really do not feel up to that right now, so if I set myself a target of one, and reach it, I'll be happy).