|Image by Jade courtesy of Morguefile.com|
Goals for this Round:
1. Meditate for 15 mins (at least) before each writing sessionin order to quieten my thinking and become more heart-centred. I found an amazing guided meditation the other day (The Mindful Writer Meditation by Madhu B. Wangu) and I've listened to two of the meditations over the past three days. I'm astonished already at the result because after a dream near-drought of 2 1/2 years, I've dreamed nearly every night since!
2. Write 25K a monthI think this is an achievable goal. It works out at about 806 words a night. And if I run over, I can treat myself to a night off somewhere during the month. :)
3. Do my homework each week of Brandon Sanderson's classThat's the plan anyway, but I'll have to see what this means in terms of work. If I can use what I'm writing in first draft, great. If it needs polishing, I'll have to give it a miss.
4. Critique two pieces on Wednesday and two more on Friday.Again, this is for the workshop. We have to critique at least four pieces of our peers' work.
5. Check in with ROW80 every SundayChecking in Wednesday and Sunday doesn't really fit my time constraints, so Sunday is a better option.
6. Work on my novel for at least 15 minutes each daywhether it be a full writing session, or plotting, or jotting down ideas (worldbuilding, plot, characters, backstory, etc.)
And I'm half thinking of writing a future email to myself to arrive at the end of this Round.That could be fun!
All the best to my fellow ROWers!