Wednesday, 8 May 2013

ROW80 Mid Week Check In - nearly at 30%

Tonight I actually managed to write 5 1/2 pages of foolscap which took me to 1246 words total. Not bad for a night where I was so tired I just wanted to settle down with a good book, a hot cup of tea, and listen to the storm outside the window. :)

Perhaps what got me through the 'I don't really want to write tonight' mood was thinking about how I could show up and connect with the story in a peaceful and restful way. I sat in a comfortable chair, listened to a meditation to help me unwind, and then wrote for a few minutes in my novel notebook about the story and some things that occured to me. Then a first line popped into my head - my hero asking a question - and it just flowed from there.

So, my goals:

Write at least four pages of foolscap each writing session (800 words approx)
Done. Only missed one night so far this month, and that was for a very good cause. Date Night with the hubster.

Some writing related activity (be it writing, plotting, worldbuilding etc.) - even if for only 5 minutes - every day
This is also taken care of, in addition to the actual writing, because I write down my thoughts in my novel notebook before each session.

A first draft almost complete (no matter how rough) by the end of this Round
I'm moving towards this day by day... And I'm very near to the 30% mark of this month's 25K goal. Woo hoo!

How are you all doing?

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm new to #ROW80, just stopping around to say hello. Glad to see things are going so well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And welcome to ROW80.

    I'll drop by your blog to give you a proper welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of finding how to connect with your story peacefully. I really like the goal of at least 5 minutes a day of a writing related activity in addition to the word count/page goals. I may have to adopt that!

    Congratulations on all the great progress you're making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I've fallen a bit behind in May and June... not even 5 minutes planning done.... eeesh... completely lost my enthusiasm and motivation. But I'm still hanging in there and did at least 5 minutes of planning last night, so that's something.

      I hope your own writing is going well. :)

      Delete

Hi! I love reading new comments so thank you for sharing. I'll be sure to get back to you to continue the conversation. :)