Monday, 8 April 2013

Goal Setting

We're 8 days into April's Camp NaNoWriMo and it's going well so far. It's made me think about what happens after Camp finishes on the 30th. Where do I see this WIP going? How long is it going to take?

I've decided to join #ROW80 (Round of Words in 80 days) so that I'm part of a writing community who are all doing the same thing: setting goals and keeping each other informed as to how well the journey is going for us.

Accountability and support and encouragement all in one go!

My writing goals for this Round are:

  1. At least four pages of foolscap (I write long hand) each writing session (800 words approx)
  2. Some writing related activity (be it writing, plotting, worldbuilding etc.) - even if for only 5 minutes - every day
  3. A first draft almost complete (no matter how rough) by the end of this Round
Onwards!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to ROW80, Lisa! It's always good to be part of a community with the same or similar goals. I hope you enjoy being with us. Good luck on all the goals you're working toward. Whew...800 words long hand? I can't imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lauralynn. :)

    4 foolscaps is a good limit for me, it seems. It's what I've been producing for CampNaNo - so long as I have my earbuds in and some non-intrusive music playing in the background. And so long as I know which scene I want to write each session.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading new comments so thank you for sharing. I'll be sure to get back to you to continue the conversation. :)